Monday, January 9, 2012

Let go . . . and let God?


I took a burden to the Lord
To cast and leave it there.
I knelt and told Him of my plight,
An wrestled deep in prayer.

But rising up to go my way
I felt a deep despair,
For as I tried to trudge along,
My burden was still there!

Why didn’t you take my burden, Lord?
Oh, won’t you take it, please.
Again I asked the Lord for help,
His answering words were these:

My child, I want to help you out
I long to take your load,
I want to bear your burdens too
As you walk along life’s road.

But this you must remember,
This one thing you must know …
I cannot take your burden
Until you let it go.

Betty Curti


 I've been thinking a lot about prayer lately and how I need to do much more of it! Honestly I never really valued prayer that much until recently. Prayer is a beautiful thing! Through it we can talk to the very God who made us and loves us! Some of the blessings of a prayer life are a deeper relationship with God, a place to unload burdens and cares, and a way to praise God with all our hearts.



 Even though the bible tells us not to worry, I think we all do! Whether it be about something silly or something that is very important and serious, we all need to cast our cares upon Him. Easier said than done, right?

 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God . And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:11-13

 Casting our cares upon Him allows us to rid ourselves of those burdens that are weighing us down, and enables us to rise up and thank and praise Him instead. The peace of God will overwhelm you when you let go of your burdens and let God take them.

 "I lift up mine eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

 Will you let God take your burdens and cares so he can give you rest and peace?




Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment