Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Concert

The thrill of shaking sweaty hands, and butterflies in my stomach, and the sudden fright when I look out beyond the stage and see many faces is something that will never grow old and boring. And when I nervously lift my instrument or voice in song and pour my whole heart into - it is simply an unforgettable moment. It's exciting, thrilling, exhilarating, petrifying, and terribly fun!!

This year our homeschool band and choir performed at several places. The choir sang at the store, Von Maur, and a political tea party. The band played downtown at the Arts Garden Centre. Both the band and choir performed in a concert given for our family and friends.

The band has struggled this year. It's been more of a rebuilding year for us after loosing some good players in the last couple years. 

Here is the link to my family's youtube channel which has some of the songs we performed on it;  http://www.youtube.com/user/thehenryfam?feature=mhee

No comments:

Post a Comment