Friday, March 22, 2013

six years




This little princess turned six this week. It's hard to believe. I remember when we first brought her home from the hospital all sweet smelling and wrapped up in a blanket. I remember peeking in the bassinet at her literally every five minutes, hoping that she would wake up and cry so I could hold her. I remember mixing up bottles for her(that awful smelling baby formula is one thing that I do not miss!)and mom teaching me how to feed her. I remember whispering in her ear that someday she would learn to talk too. I remember when she learned to sit--I took her too my room, sat her on the floor, put pillows all around her, and taught her how to play tea party. I remember the way she said "yes, ples" when I asked if she wanted some tea. I remember the day she took her first steps and the day she learned to ride a bike, too.

Now, six years later, she brings the same smiles to our faces as she jumps around the room like a monkey, looks up "how to tie shoes" on youtube by herself, and randomly quotes lines from movies. She's such a ham. But a smart ham. This girl is a reading whiz. Some days she sits by me when I'm doing school and tries to read my books. "Aren't you done with that page yet?.... I am."

Ah Mary, It's been fun. It IS fun.

4 comments:

  1. Ah :) such a sweet post, Sarah! Mary is adorable! And don't they grow up quickly??

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cute!! My little brother just turned six on the 22nd, and I realized on that day how time does seem to fly. It's so fun to watch your little siblings grow up, and see who they are becoming <3

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    P.S. LOVE your new header. You are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete