Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dumplings and a talk :)


















I've ignored y'all. Sorry about that :/ But I'm back with food and a talk!

Yes, those are chicken and dumplings, green beens, and an apple salad. The dumplings and salad are my grandma's recipes--they were so good!

Now for the talk ;)
During my unannounced and unplanned blogging break, I did some thinking about balance in life. I thought it might be a good idea to share it here.

I'm always busy; never in the slightest bit bored. I always have a list of things to accomplish or a list of things I could accomplish. But lately I realized that there might be something more important than crossing something off my list. Like spending time with my little sister--she'll only grow up once. Sometimes it's good to set aside your own goals for a half hour and do something with or for someone else. Oh, not that goals are bad. On the contrary, they're very good, but even a good thing can become bad. When we get the opportunity to work on our own ambitions or serve someone else for a half hour or so, let's not choose the "good"--instead let's choose the "better".

Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them. Thomas Kinkade

7 comments:

  1. I so agree! Taking time out of our busy days to spend time with our family is so much more worth-while! And, even though we might not get our chores/goals done, it is better in the long run.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Your Sister in Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chicken and dumplings! Next time invite me LOL

    Oh whew! I thought you were about to say I'm quitting blogging. haha
    I'm glad it wasn't; I would miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your back Sarah :) And yes, I totally agree. Sometimes we need to step back, look at life, and take time for the little things. :D

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tasted dumplings before! It's not really a dish you'd find in South Africa, but would like to try them one day.... Your talk was very challenging and very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! :-)

    Just wanted to let you know that I l sent a message to the Facebook page for your Etsy shop!

    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks so yummy! Definitely spend more time with your sister, it's a better investment than spending it here. :)

    ReplyDelete