Monday, July 22, 2013

Grădină


    Grădină, a Romanian word, means garden or parkland. I thought it sounded noble and exotic, so I named my
 painting Grădină.

    
    Grădină is a place of peace and tranquility. A garden in which time stands still.  A place where, if it were real, would
 be full of artists, writers, poets, and dreamers. These artists would walk in the stream, their toes touching the slippery
 pebbles buried beneath the clear waters. They would lay in the plush green grasses with the sun on their toasted backs 
and an open moleskine journal in front of them. They would stand on the bridge, their feet resting on the cool stones, 
contemplating the deeper meanings of life and love. Beneath the blossoms of the tree of hope, they would sit on the
 swing while tuning into the melodies of the wind.

    Grădină is a place reserved only for those who are brave enough to dream, determined enough to stick with it,
 and strong enough to do. 

*special thanks to Kari for giving me two of the canvases!!!


11 comments:

  1. Sarah, your paintings are so beautiful... I wish I had a fraction of your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Sarah!! That is SO gorgeous!!
    {Emma}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that is amazing!! You took my breath away when I saw this! Your one talented girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this is simply beautiful. I wish I could paint like you.

    Well done!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful job, you've given me some inspiration ideas.

    Sapphire

    P.S. Did you copy this, or is it an original idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, great! Thanks Sapphire!
      nope, this is completely original. The idea came from my head :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete