Thursday, December 6, 2012

seventeen.


Seventeen. I can't believe I'm writing that number and that sixteen is already past. Wasn't it just yesterday when I was sitting in the living room in a patch of sun playing doll house with my sisters? Yikes, how time flies!

Into this year I fly with high hopes, dreams, and--a plan. No, I don't think this seventeenth year will be as the movies and books portray it--a time of gaiety, late night parties, and romance. Instead it will be mostly full of hard work and goals with a few good times thrown in like sprinkles, to add a little color and joy.

I'm excited about this upcoming year and what it will hold. Sometimes it's scary looking ahead on an unknown road, but I know that God has a plan--a perfect plan.

                               “I heard someone once say that the years from fifteen to nineteen are the best years in a girl's life.” 
                                                                                              ― L.M. Montgomery, Rilla of Ingleside

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to 17! And I think that is a great plan :) Love your skirt! xoxox Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of you! You should send me a copy for my scrap book! ;)

    Congrats to being 17 and I'm right behind you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 17th! ;)
    ~Storyteller
    http://storytellerofwestoncounty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sarah! It's always a little scary starting down a new road, but it's always fun to see what exactly is down that road :)
    And that picture of you is so pretty! <3

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 17th birthday!!!! I hope it is very great. I love that picture of you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birhtday, Sarah! Happy Seventeen. :D The picture is lovely, by the way. ;)

    <3 Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Sarah! You've been such an encouragement to me, and I hope you have a happy 17th birthday!

    Love in Christ,
    Grace

    i love the picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like Christmas in the form of a girl.
    I love that image and your curled blonde hair,
    your preppy sweater, and most of all you.


    :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Sarah!

    That is a great picture of you!
    God Bless!
    ~Hannah, Ruth, and Sarah Keller~

    http://threegirlsandtheirhobbies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! You are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sarah! Enjoy every minute of being 17. :-)

    xoxox MIss ALK

    ReplyDelete